Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Remarkable recovery!

In a previous post I showed the matt varnish spray disaster that happened to the NCO figure of my Italian infantry project. I assumed it was ruined forever and would have to start from scratch with new figure.

A couple of posts from followers recommended I try using olive oil on the blizzard-like layer of thick varnish spray. With nothing to lose and a figure to gain, I brushed on the oil and, hey-presto!, one Italian NCO returned from the Berezina none the worse for his ordeal!

Thanks for the tip PanzerKaput and FireMonkeyBoy!

Before :(


After :)


9 comments:

  1. I am so glad that it worked and I could help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing recovery. There is something vaguely humerous about an Italian infantryman been smothered in olive oil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I hadn't thought of that! Quite appropriate, really

      Delete
  3. I've seen it all, now. Good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive results. A trick worth remembering.

    PD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another use for the basis of the Mediterranean diet!
    Regards
    Rafa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the Mediterranean super-food; Good for everything, even your plastic figures! :-D

      Delete
  6. Looks like an excellent recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great result, that's happened to me on too many times to mention. I didn't know the olive oil trick, but you can bet I'll be trying in out very soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Shelfari Bookshelf