Wednesday, February 8, 2012

1 ° Reggimento Fanteria - Finalmente finito!

One down; one to go!

I'm quite pleased with the way they've turned out, even with the trouble I had early on. I think I've learned a bit from this lot that will make painting the second battalion smoother sailing, eg. test your varnish shade before you apply it to a figure and to give the spray varnish nozzle a good clean before squirting it anywhere near a figure unless you're looking for the 'marching through a blizzard' look!

This is the first half of my entry for La Bricole's first painting competition. I'm painting the 1st and 2nd Italian line regiments and this is the 1st regiment finished. Now to start on the 2nd with their red facings.

They'll get their christening this Friday and I'm expecting them to be ganged up on by Tim's Peninsula forces of KGL, Portuguese and Spaniards.

The battalion in column...

...and in line

The command figures

NCO and officer. HaT and Kennington go well together

The colour party

The seconda porta aquila

Marching fucilieri

Advancing fucilieri

Voltiggiore

Voltiggiore

Granatiere

Granatiere

7 comments:

  1. Well done there old chap, lovely looking regiment and I am looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italians were my first army...and yours is very nice!
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NIcely done Sir! It still makes me whince when you mention the incident with the varnish nozzle. Looking forward to the second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking figures, I like the Voltiggiore in the brown trousers and I love the pose of the Grenadier the the last but one pic, what make is that figure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray, the grenadier figures are from HaT's set 8166 1805-1812 French Line Grenadiers, which is a companion set to the 8095 set which the rest of the voltiguers and other ranks are from.

      Check http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1227
      &
      http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=767
      for details of the HaT figures I used.

      Delete
  5. I really, really like them. Nice to see a full setup of that regiment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Shelfari Bookshelf