Friday, November 4, 2011

Chasseur progress #2

Here are the last 4 Chasseurs of the 8th and 9th Chasseurs ready for the Wagram project; 2 more troopers, the NCO and the elite company figures. A couple of details, like the hooves, still need attending to but all are more or less now ready for basing and varnishing. (I finally took some decent pictures using the extreme close up and moving the lamp from directly overhead!)

I'm going to experiment with a new, homemade version of Army Painter, namely some clear estapol with a couple of drops of special varnish darkening ink which will allow me to contol how dark I want the shading to be. I'll make a couple of batches to see which results in the preferred shade. I'll practice on some old, unwanted figures first before I try it on these beauties.
Elite company

Trooper on dun horse

Trooper on a chestnut horse


NCO on a bay

10 comments:

  1. Beauties!!! Love the horse pose on the second pic, its very animated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are 1/72nd? Wow - fantastic details. Really nice work. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great painting Rosbif. Interested to see how the shading works out. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea and works very well. Great work. I still find it hard to believe that they are soft plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well sir, you do great honour to this fine unit. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to get some of these!... Lovely work again Monsieur.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are these Italeri figures by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all!

    @Steve - They are Italeri French light cavalry, but the figures are converted using Zvezda Voltiguer heads and the horses are from the Italeri Hussar set.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Shelfari Bookshelf