Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What's on the workbench

Here is what's on the workbench at the moment : Highlanders!

They are taking a very LOOOOONG time to complete a) because I just don't seem to have the time for painting at the moment, and b) painting tartan is such a bugger!

I've chosen the 92nd as my Scots regiment of choice as I build up Howard's brigade from Spencer's division at Fuentes D'Onoro. I've already painted the 71st Highland Light Infantry, I'm now painting the 92nd and then will paint the 50th West Kents (known as the dirty half-hundred, because the their facings were black and when the soldiers wiped the sweat from their faces using their sleeve cuffs, the dye would run, smearing their faces black!)

Where it all happens!

92nd Gordon Highlander grenadier

Rear view of same

I've recently had my first overseas visitor! Thanks for visiting from the good ol' USA. I hope you're the first of many, sir!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Shelfari Bookshelf