Sunday, April 15, 2012

Westfälisch Infanterie Fertig!

Here's the first battalion of my Westphalian project finished and ready for the table-top! Until I paint some more, they'll have to go in a combined brigade or division with some French or Italian infantry, but that's OK.

I plan to paint at least another 3 battalions of line infantry and then a couple of light infantry battalions, and even some hussars in dashing green. If I don't get distracted by another project (which I'm sure I will!) I'll probably paint up a regiment of cuirrassiers, too.

Next lot of infantry I do, though, I think I'll be a bit more careful about cleaning up the mold lines, as the elites have a particularly noticeable stripe down their arms after the highlighting process. It's only really when you look at them on the screen that you really notice them, but now it's all I see when I look at them. GRRRR!

Battalion in line...

...and in column

Command stand

Firing line

NCO - Feldwebel

Grenadiers

Voltiguers

17 comments:

  1. Great looking unit - nice campaign uniform variations. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Are those your Italians in the ETS pages?

    Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete
  3. All we see when we look at them is a really great job, they look beautiful and elegant!
    Best,
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking figures - look better than the HaT ones I reckon. Very nice paint job - they've turned out well.

    Cheers,
    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re: Mold Lines. Do what I do and take off your glasses, they look just fine after that. Great job all the same, I look forward to seeing them on the table.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!! I find white uniforms really hard to paint. I would be extremely happy if mine came out this good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a great battalion you have there. I love the whole unit together is has a strong feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yet more great stuff Msr le Rosbif!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fertig um fertig gemacht zu werden!

    Excellent painting Monsieur!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke mein herr!

      Jetzt ab nach Moskau! Vorwarts!

      Delete
  10. Absolutely wonderful! Definitely worth all the effort and great to see them altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the red cords on the grenadier's dhakos. A greta unit!
    Regards
    Rafa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't worry about the mold lines, I don't think any of us would have noticed them If you hadn't of mentioned them. Great paint work Sir!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can but add to the chorus of praise; top brush-work and a great looking unit Ben. I always prefer units with mixed poses. I think you are being unnecessarily harsh on yourself regarding the élites. I agree with Rodger's comment too; white uniforms are always a bit tricky.
    Westphalians are a really useful too as they featured in many campaigns and battles. No gren. guard, guard du corps or artillery in your planned units?
    Looking forward to seeing the next unit,
    James

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really great stuff, mate!

    Speaking of cavalry, I've still not finished the next cuirassiers, but the Garde du corps conversion looks very promising, although I think that the white uniforms of the 1st cuirassier regiment would fit better with the overall look of the infantry. So this is surely a great addition for a Westphalian army.

    When it's regarding splendidness, I would also recommend the Westphalian horse artillery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Shelfari Bookshelf