Thursday, January 8, 2015

Waterloo 2015 Is GO!

Just a quick post before I head off to Drouin for our annual January Big-Bash Game!

These are some of the photos Tim has sent to all participants over the last week and a bit. I'm sure you'll agree that Tim and the terrain elves have done a bang-up job of preparing the field of battle.

As you can imagine I'm really looking forward to this! I'm taking Uxbridge's command, so I expect to be doing lots of counter-attacking and trying to keep my troops on a short leash!

View from the east: The Prussians' view!

View from the west; Will we see a French flanking march?

Anglo-Allied forces on the ridge as seen from the east.

French forces as seen from the west
A short post script: The Anglo-Allied command has been somewhat of a poisoned chalice. Our original Duke of Wellington, Pete E. died late last year, then James Fisher of the Avon Napoleonic Fellowship was going to join us again in the role but family commitments put paid to that, then new player Nigel was to take the mantle but ill health has prevented him taking on the role, so now Tim has taken on the task (as well as hosting the event, preparing the tables, creating the special rules, providing the bulk of the troops etc., etc...). 

3 cheers for Tim! Huzzah...huzzah...huzzah! (Hopefully nothing will happen to him....)

11 comments:

  1. Very impressive layout. Good luck with the cavalry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic looking table! You need to wrap Tim up in cotton wool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks awesome! I hope you have time to take a lot of pictures!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that looks wonderfully impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That look amazing. Sounds like it will be a great game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jealousy Alert: I'd really like to play on that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing layout! Looking forward to your report!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a truly Herculean achievement and one I will be watching with envy. That table looks huge! I hope you all have long arms to reach the figures in the middle.
    Good luck as Uxbridge and keep both your legs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very impressive! Congratulations on fantastic layout!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Shelfari Bookshelf