This year the theme is Anti-Heroes and with 72 entrants from 13 countries, it really is a behemoth of global proportions! I can see the possibility of Ned Kelly featuring as a particular Antipodean Anti-Hero! I may have to try my hand at a little conversion work...
This time I don't have the looming deadline of the annual January game as we will be fighting Waterloo for the second time (the first time was the year before I joined the club), so the required figures are all ready to go.
Even though I don't have a big project to power through, I do still have some things on the go like my Wurrtembergers.
So my plan for the Challenge will be to paint:
- 6 9-figure battalions of Napoleonic Wurrtemberg infantry
- 2 8-figure regiments of Napoleonic Wurrtemberg cavalry
- 2 batteries of Napoleonic Wurrtemberg artillery
- 1 8-figure regiment of Napoleonic French Cuirrassiers
- 3 8-figure bases of Late Antiquity Gothic heavy infantry
- 1 3-figure base of Late Antiquity Gothic skirmish infantry
- Various WWII Soviet infantry which I still need to finish for the worlds' longest running commission!
I have put my name down for a target of 400 points, and have no idea whether or not this will be too ambitious a target or not! I suppose I could just do a little bit of maths...........Nah! Why break the habit of a lifetime? I'll just wing it and see how it goes!