Sunday, October 20, 2013

2 ° Cacciatori a Cavallo

Here's my completed regiment of the Italian 2nd Chasseurs for IV Corps using 3 separate kits; the riders' bodies from Italeri set 6080, heads from HaT 8095 and 8167, and horses from Italeri set 6008. The horses from the original set are butt-ugly and also have the wrong saddle furniture, so I used the lovely horses from the hussars set. The officer rides a horse from Italeri 6018, which has the correct shabraque, but isn't quite so animated as the rest of them!

The full regiment in line

Avanti!

Elite company

NCO and colour bearer

Another view of same

Colonel and bugler.
See? He's fine, Phil! Just a little headache ;-)

I love the figure with the bouncing carbine!

Elite trooper

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic work there Ben. The trumpeter in particular is very fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reassured! I see and I hear him, charging at the top of his troops, leading a superb unit, painted by a master hand!
    Great work!
    Best,
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work there Rosbif and I find it hard to believe these are soft plastics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fine looking cavalry! The trumpeter is a nice conversion indeed!
    A headache! Good one!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice work, conversions are ace.

    FMB

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Shelfari Bookshelf